Farmers Markets in Northern Illinois
Northern Illinois boasts an incredible array of traditional farmers markets – from downtown Chicago’s Green Market to the fresh-picked sweet corn goodness found at East Dubuque’s weekly farmers market. Each day throughout Northern Illinois, you can experience a different a new farmers market bulging with the wholesome bounty grown in Northern Illinois. Browse our listing of farmers markets by clicking on a region above and discover the true flavor of Northern Illinois. To experience fresh fruit, produce, wine and hundreds of other items when you can’t be here, connect with one of our many partners on our one-of-a-kind Online Farmers Market.
Daley Plaza - Washington & Dearborn
7 am - 3 pm, Every Thursday, May 24-Oct. 18, 2012 The Daley Plaza Farmers Market offers fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods and other items every Thursday from May 24 until October 18. This market accepts the LINK card.
Federal Plaza - Adams & Dearborn (230 S - 50 W)
7am – 3pm, Every Tuesday, May 29-Oct. 30, 2012 Visit the Federal Plaza Farmers Market every Tuesday from May 29th until October 305th for fresh fruits, vegetables, plants and flowers. This market accepts the LINK card.
Willis Tower - 233 S. Wacker Dr.
7 am - 3 pm, Every Thursday, June 28-Oct. 25, 2012 Products include fresh fruits and vegetables, plants and unique homemade food.
Chicago's Downtown Farmstand – 66 E. Randolph
Monday-Friday: 11 am - 7 pm, Saturday: 11 am - 4 pm, Year Round. Chicago’s Downtown Farmstand, located at 66 East Randolph Street, opened in October 2008. The Farmstand’s promise – local, delicious, and edible – is fulfilled by hundreds of products, all from within 250 miles of Chicago.
Low-Line Market - Southport Brown Line CTA Station - 3411 N. Southport
Thursdays: 4 pm - 8pm through Sept. 5 and until 7 pm through Oct. 17
Low-Line Market is a prepared food and farmers market with the goal of creating an experience where neighbors can meet and gather access to a collectio of high qualit produce, prepared foods and goods from area farms and vendors. Check out http://lowlinemarket.com
Aurora Farmers Market Downtown
- Where: Aurora Transportation Center, 233 N. Broadway, Aurora
- When: 8:00 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, June 1 to Oct. 19
Produced by City of Aurora Special Events
Aurora Farmers Market East
- Where: Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, 701 E. Eola Road, Aurora
- When: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Thursdays, July 11 to Aug. 29
Produced by City of Aurora Special Events
Aurora Farmers Market West
- Where: West Aurora Plaza, 1901 W. Galena Blvd., Aurora
- When: 1 to 5 p.m., Wednesdays, July 10 to Sept. 13
Produced by City of Aurora Special Events
Batavia Farmers Market
- Where: Water Street between Wilson and First streets, Batavia
- When: 8 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, June 16 to Oct. 27
Burr Ridge Farmers Market
- Where: Burr Ridge Village Center, 701 Village Center Drive, Burr Ridge
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursdays June 14 to Sept. 13
Downers Grove Farmers Market
- Where: Main Street train station, 5001 Main St., Downers Grove
- When: 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturdays, May 12 to Oct. 20
Geneva French Market
- Where: Metra parking lot, South and Fourth streets, Geneva
- When: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays, May 6 to Oct. 28
Glen Ellyn French Market
- Where: Main Street Parking Lot, Hillside and Duane streets, Glen Ellyn
- When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fridays, May 25 to Oct. 26
Hinsdale Farmers Market
- Where: Burlington Park, 30 E. Chicago Ave., Hinsdale
- When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays June 4 to Oct. 8
La Grange Farmers Market
- Where: 53 South La Grange Road, La Grange
- When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursdays, May 10 to Oct. 25
La Grange Park Farmers Market
- Where: Parking lot of Mattone’s Restaurant and Bar, 9 E. 31st St.
- When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesdays May 8 through Oct. 23
Lisle French Market
- Where: Commuter lot, 925 Burlington Ave., Lisle
- When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays, April 28 to Oct. 27
Lombard French Market
- Where: Metra lot, 115 E. St. Charles Road, Lombard
- When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays, June 2 to Sept. 29
Naperville Farmers Market
- Where: Fifth Avenue Station, 200 E. Fifth Ave., Naperville
- When: 7 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, June 2 to Oct. 27
Oak Park Farmers Market
- Where: 460 Lake St., Oak Park
- When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays, May 19 to Oct. 27
Riverside Farmers Market
- Where: 27 Riverside Road, Riverside
- When: 2:30 to 7 p.m., Wednesdays, June 13 to Oct. 3
St. Charles Farmers Market
- Where: Baker Methodist Church, East Main Street and 4th Avenue
- When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fridays June 1 to Oct. 26
Villa Park French Market
- Where: Park Boulevard and Ardmore Avenue, Villa Park
- When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sundays May 6 to Oct. 28
Warrenville Farmers Market
- Where: Courtyard Banquets, 3S200 Route 59, Warrenville
- When: 3 to 7 p.m., Wednesdays, June 20 to Sept. 12
Western Springs French Market
- Where: Hillgrove Avenue between Lawn Street and Grand Avenue, Western Springs
- When: 2 to 7 p.m., Thursdays, May 3 to Oct. 25
Wheaton French Market
- Where: Main Street and Liberty Drive, Wheaton
- When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays, April 21 to Nov. 10
Winfield Farmers Market
- Where: Prairie Trail Center, County Farm and Geneva roads, Winfield
- When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesdays June 6 to Oct. 31
Woodstock Farmers Market
- Where: Historic Woodstock Square
- When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesdays and Saturdays May-October
Division Street - Division & Dearborn
- 7 am – 1 pm, Every Saturday, May 12-Oct. 27, 2012
- Division Street Farmers Market opens on May 12th with vendors selling a variety of goods. This market accepts the LINK card.
Lincoln Park - Armitage & Orchard, Lincoln Park High School Parking Lot
- 7 am - 1 pm, Every Saturday, May 12-Oct. 27, 2012
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
Beverly, 95th & Longwood
- 7 am - 1 pm, Every Sunday, May 13-Oct. 28, 2012
- Vendors will be selling fresh fruits, vegetables, plants and flowers. This market accepts the LINK card.
Wicker Park & Bucktown - Wicker Park & Damen
- 8 am - 2 pm, Every Sunday, June 3-Oct. 28, 2012
- This market accepts the LINK card.
Lincoln Square - Lincoln/Leland/Western
- 7 am - 1 pm, Every Tuesday, June 5-Oct. 30, 2012
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, plants, flowers and more are available. This market accepts the LINK card.
Museum of Contemporary Art/Streeterville
7 am - 3 pm, Every Tuesday, June 5-Oct. 30, 2012
Fresh fruits, vegetables, plants and flowers will be sold.
South Shore - 70th & Jeffery Blvd
7 am - 1 pm, Every Wednesday, June 6-Oct. 31, 2012
This market accepts the LINK card.
Hyde Park - 53rd Street & Hyde Park Blvd
7 am - 1 pm, Every Thursday, June 7-Oct. 25, 2012
Fresh fruit, vegetables, plants, flowers and more, this market accepts the LINK card.
Printers Row - Dearborn & Polk (Printers Row Park)
7 am - 1 pm, Every Saturday, June 9-Oct. 27, 2012
A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh baked goods and colorful flowers and plants
Bridgeport - 35th & Wallace
7 am - 1 pm, Every Saturday, June 16-Oct. 6, 2012
Cheese, seasonable fresh produce, baked goods and honey and more are available. This market accepts the LINK card.
Northcenter - Belle Plaine/Damen/Lincoln
7 am - 1 pm, Every Saturday, June 16-Oct. 27, 2012
Fresh fruits and vegetables will be sold
La Follette Park - 1333 N. Laramie
1 - 7 pm, Every Wednesday, June 20-Oct. 24, 2012
The La Follette Park Farmers Market is one of five new farmers markets this year. Vendors will be selling a variety of fresh produce and other farmstand items. This market accepts the LINK card.
Southport Market - Blaine School, 1420 W. Grace
8 am - 2 pm, Every Saturday, June 23-Sept. 8, 2012
Vendors will be selling fresh fruits, vegetables, plants and flowers
Healing Temple Church - 4941 W. Chicago Ave.
2 - 6 pm, Every Sunday, June 24-Oct. 28, 2012
Vendors will offer a wide variety of fresh produce, along with other services to help residents lead a healthier lifestyle. This market accepts the LINK card.
Columbus Park - Harrison and Central
1 - 7 pm, Every Tuesday, June 26-Oct. 30, 2012
The Columbus Park Farmers Market is one of five new markets this year. In addition to vendors offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, free programs to help residents live a healthier lifestyle will take place. This market accepts the LINK card.
Austin Town Center - Lake and Central
1 - 7 pm, Every Thursday, June 28-Oct. 25, 2012
The Austin Town Center Farmers Market is one of five new markets this year. Vendors are offering a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, plants, baked goods and free programs. This market accepts the LINK card.
Mount Ebenezer Baptist Church - 3555 W. Huron
10 am - 4 pm, Every Saturday, June 30-Oct. 27, 2012
The Mount Ebenezer Baptist Church Farmers Market is one of five new markets this year. Vendors will offer a variety of fresh produce and other farmstand items. Other services will be on-site to help residents lead a healthier lifestyle. This market accepts the LINK card.
Pullman - 111th & Cottage Grove
7 am - 12 pm, Every Wednesday, July 11-Oct. 31, 2012
Fresh fruits and vegetables will be sold. This market accepts the LINK card.
Rockford City Market - Water Street between State and Jefferson Streets in downtown Rockford.
- June-October, Every Friday Rain or Shine
- 3:00-8:00 p.m. before Labor Day, 3:00-7:00 p.m. after Labor Day
- Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including Rock River Development Partnership, River District Association, the City of Rockford and Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Belvidere Farmers Market and Crafts - 1940 N. State St., Belvidere
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., June 2 through Oct. 27.
- Local vegetables and fruit, locally grown meat (including beef, pork, chickens, turkeys).
Byron Farmers Market - Sunshine Park, corner of Peru Street and Illinois 2, Byron
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, June 30 through Oct. 13.
- Open-air market featuring produce, flowers, fair-trade items, certified preserves and baked goods.
Cherry Valley Landscape Center - 7711 Newburg Road, Cherry Valley
- Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Featuring locally grown produce, baked goods, soaps and lotions, candles, garden statues, and other crafts.
- New vendors welcome!
- Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first Wednesday in May to last Wednesday in October.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables, free-range meat and poultry delivered as ordered, cinnamon-roasted nuts, fresh-baked goods, cheese, plants (annuals and perennials), fresh floral bouquets and hanging baskets.
- Fridays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 4 through Oct. 26.
- Featuring a variety of fresh produce, flowers, baked goods and more.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays, May 27 to Sept. 30.
- Freshly picked vegetables, fruits, cheese, honey, baked goods, flowers, bedding plants, soap and more.
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, May 12 through October.
- Featuring fresh produce, free-range eggs, organic vegetables, plants, flowers, bakery items and more.
- Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to noon June through October.
- Homemade baskets, custom artistic jewelry, large assortment of baked goods by different vendors, fresh vegetables all grown by our vendors in their gardens, handmade doll cloths, Tupperware for food storage, a large selection of homemade soaps.
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 14 through September.
- Sample the season’s freshest produce, bakery goods, plants, flowers, herbs, spices and other specialties.
- Tuesdays, 3 to 6 p.m., June through September,
- Vendors are welcome.
- Fridays, 3:30 to 7 p.m., May through October.
- Locally grown produce, honey, locally grown plants, home baked goods and crafts.
- Sundays June- September 10am-2pm
- The freshest fruits, vegetables, breads, meats, cheeses, flowers and much more! Enjoy some fresh foods brought to you directly from the farmers themselves!
- Tuesdays and Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., May through October
- Mid-June through Mid-October
- Wednesdays 4 pm – 6 pm
- 470 Sinsinawa Ave. East Dubuque.
- May – October
- Fridays 3 pm.– 6 pm
- 411 W. Caitlin St. Elizabeth
- Mid-May –Mid-October
- Saturday 7 am to 12 pm
- 121 E. Commerce St. Galena
- Every other Sunday, May - October
- 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 2000 Territory Drive Galena
- May 7 – October 15
- 9am – 11 am
- Highway 84 in Hanover Village
- Early May - October
- Saturdays 8 am – 12 pm (High School)
- Tuesdays 3pm – 6 pm (Casey’s)
- May – October
- Saturdays 8 am – 12 pm
- 110 W Main Street Warren
Edgebrook Farmers Market - Edgebrook shopping center, corner of North Alpine and Highcrest roads, Rockford.
HCC Realty Market - 1240 S. Alpine Road, Rockford
Midtown Farmers Market - Across from Katie’s Cup, 502 Seventh St., Rockford.
North End Commons Farmers Market - ArtsSpace West Gallery, 1426 N. Main St., Rockford.
Oregon Farmers Market - On the courthouse lawn under the shade trees.
Sycamore's Farmers Market - downtown Sycamore on the corner of Somonauk and Elm Streets, Sycamore.
Perryville Farmers Market - Perryville Commons Shopping Center, Rockford
Shirland Farmers Market - Shirland United Methodist Church, 8030 North St., Shirland.
Winnebago Farmers Market - Main and Benton streets, Winnebago
Woodstock Farmers Market - Historic Woodstock Square, Woodstock
Take time to meet the local farmers who are growing the food you’ll be eating this summer. Find vegetables, produce, homemade baker products, wood goods and the ever famous Fincel’s corn this summer at East Dubuqeu’s Farmer’s Market located in the Van’s Liquor store parking lot right off of Highway 20.
Growers who are both life-long residents and new to the area provide reasonably priced homegrown, homemade and handmade items from right here in Jo Daviess County at this friendly and convenient market. Located right off Highway 20 it is an easy and quick stop home or to your weekend stay with just-picked produce, home-raised meat and delicious baked goods.
Located in downtown Galena, it’s the perfect stop to find what you’re been searching for. Come visit and take a look at the assortment of local specialties, vegetables, crafts, fruits and organic food.
Nestled in the scenic, rolling terrain of the Galena Territory, vendors offer a variety of products, including those from local farms and different arts and crafts from local artisans. Explore different organic and antibiotic-free meat, fresh cut flowers, jams, and dog biscuits. Also available are hand-made lotions, soaps and candles.
Enjoy live music while you bring home the makings for a fresh, locally grown meal or grab a snack, straight from the farm to the table. Early & late, exotic and plain garden fruits and vegetables, frozen beef and lamb, honey, organic grains, just picked fruits nuts and herbs…you’ll find it all in this small charming town.
Vendors sell garden produce, lambs, jams, jellies, bakery items, handmade wood crafts, quilts, potato bags, scarves, plants and other seasonal items. At two convenient locations, this farmer’s market is at the Stockton High School off Highway 20 and across from Casey’s on Highway 78.
Local farmers offer a wide variety of flowers, vegetables, fruit, farm fresh eggs, herbs and homemade canned goods. Along side an array of homemade crafts, bird houses, bird feeders, kitchen towels, pot holders and more, all located in downtown Warren beside the Warren Community Building.